Test the printer outside of QuickBooks to ensure that it is working correctly in Windows:
- Turn off the printer, restart your computer, and then turn the printer back on.
- Ensure that the printer paper is loaded correctly.
- Click the Windows Start button, choose Control Panel, and double-click Printers and Faxes.
- If the printer shows Offline, right-click the printer and select Use Printer Online.
- Double-click the printer and, if there are print jobs displayed in the queue, choose Printer > Cancel All Documents.
- Close the window.
- Right-click the printer, choose Properties, and click Print Test Page.
Note: If the printer is a network printer and the test page does not print, network issues could be the cause
- If the test page prints, test the printer using WordPad:
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter WordPad and click OK.
- Enter some text and choose File > Print.
- Select the correct printer and click Print.
- Ensure that there are no error lights displayed on the printer itself.
- Refer to the printer manufacturer's documentation for any of the following:
- The printer displays error indications.
- The printer will not print the test page.
- The printer doesn't print from WordPad.
If the printer prints correctly outside of QuickBooks:
- Replace the QuickBooks Qbprint.qbp file:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Locate and rename the Qbprint.qbp.
- Windows 8, 7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX (where 20XX represents the version of QuickBooks you are using)
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX (where 20XX represents the version of QuickBooks you are using)
- Server2008 and Server 2012: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings
- Server2003: C:\Documents and Settings\ **remote user**\Application Data\Intuit\ QuickBooks YEAR
- NOTE: Terminal Service users report finding duplicate copies of the Qbprint file with the stored client data files; be sure to search all folders for odd instances.
- NOTE: If you cannot locate the folders listed above, you may need to display hidden files in Windows.
- Open QuickBooks and attempt to print again.